Time

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I spotted a very good buy for investment

Auric is a very thinly traded stock. It is in the food industry. An excellent buy in my humble opinion.

I just checked this out:

NAV = $1.75
NTA = $0.87

Current market price is $0.505 cents.

good dividends !

usually give $0.02 after 1st Half
but its 1Q09 is loss-making, hence I not sure if they still going to give out any $$ dividend.

BUT personally I won't buy yet for below reasons
1) i dont really know the indo owners. Are they pro-shdrs?
2) they had been running a full-yr loss last yr. this yr seems like gg to be loss too.
3) most imptly, there is no indication they gg to return the cash to shdrs. and no short-term nor mid-term reason to push up the share px

I checked it out and my analytical mind says it is a good buy. Always look for reasons why stock are traded at great discount to book value i.e. poor earnings in 08/09. Just looking at the cash position it is definitely a good buy. Co. has interest in Delifrance and Food Junction plus many other e.g. Gourmet, Sunshine, SCS butter, etc. Market price minus cash per stock =5 cents only.

I think the Delifrance biz is a killer. Reported that the food retail segment has op loss of $3M. Food Junction, reported quarter profit of $0.9M...so it means that the Delifrance biz had close to $4M of quarter loss? Unless, they report other biz under this segment. It would appear to be so.

Think long run co. will prosper and stockholder earn the rewards for being so patient.

No comments: